RC439RC 439 wasn’t even booked on duty but when he was asked to attend a gentleman who had collapsed; he was there in seconds.  He identified the 65 year old was in cardiac arrest.  Working with staff on the premises, the in house defibrillator was used to deliver just one shock.  The patient resumed a cardiac output and began breathing for himself.

This demonstrates the incredible value of defibrillators out in the community.  If you have got a fire extinguisher, think about getting a defibrillator too.